What Was Your Experience Finding a Partner on Indian Matrimonial Sites?

 It is always hard to start without having a good picture of what you do want to create. Today there are millions of helping tools and everyone is empowered to create a blog. The only question that is still hovering in the air is – Jeevanvivaah is a Best Matrimonial Site

I have successfully completed my 7 years on matrimonial website. Thanks to my parents, who created my account without my knowledge and put my phone number.

If you are an average guy like me, you are not going to find a partner like your dreams unless you have money (too much). And same goes for other gender too, unless you are beautiful.

It is pure business, believe it or not. Your income and assets will be judged, no matter who you are. There is one story, I would like to share:

2–3 years back, I got a request on Facebook. I couldn’t believe that I was getting a friend request from a girl, thought it must be “Angel Priya”, but after looking at her profile, she looked genuine.

She directly came to the point, that she looked at my profile on matrimony site, and since she is not a premium member, she searched for me on Facebook with my details and contacted me.

We talked for 2–3 days and exchanged our contact details. We started talking on phone, she had little demand:

  • Freedom of job
  • Respect to her family
  • No dowry

I said I am okay with your demands and we set up a family meeting. My parents liked her immediately, my grandmother was so much influenced that she wanted to take her home.

When her father inquired about my salary, which I hadn’t disclosed yet, it turned out to be lesser than his daughter. He didn’t say anything at that time, but his face said everything.

After meeting, my family had accepted her as daughter in law, but they had other plans. She stopped contacting me, no phone calls, no chat replies. My father contacted her father, but he never received our calls.

Then my family realized, it’s time to stop.

But story doesn’t end here. My cousin is also on matrimony website, let me tell you his description:

  • He is tall and handsome.
  • He is an Income Tax Officer (Government Job with 7th Pay).
  • His father is also a govt employee who retired recently.
  • They own a two storey villa (Obviously it is not just a house, but a villa).

My relatives are rich except me, sad truth.

Same girl who had sent me friend request on Facebook, sent him a request on matrimony, since we all belong to the same caste and community. But my cousin’s wedding was fixed and of course his (cousin’s) father also attended that above meeting when her parents came to meet us.

The girl who put her demand for our wedding was willing to give handsome dowry and assets to my cousin. My cousin and I are very close, he told me complete story, how her father tried a lot and tried to bribe them with dowry. We were left with nothing but laughter.

Well this is the irony of matrimony websites. Forget about soulmates, it is complete business. People who say that couples are made in heaven, God bless this thought.

If it is not love marriage, then your arranged marriage is truly based on your family background, your income, and your assets. Sometimes I fail to justify the drawback of dowry, because ultimately you are buying “better” groom for your daughter.

Comments